Great Books at the best price online or anywhere for that matter are found here – going directly to this special site that has the best prices always… GO HERE AND SEE – START HERE –
Reading – a fundamental source for learning, entertainment, and gaining our own thoughts and directions has never been as important or as available as it is today. There are so many books and methods for accessing books today than ever in history before.The best books are the ones you have a hard time putting down.
Great Books Whether you are looking for Used, New, or into finding a new indulgence, we have just the place for you to find anything you are yearning for.
Best books for education, or entertainment – and anything in-between. For Work, Business, Do It Yourself (DIY), home and garden… well its all here. Here are just the beginnings of the Categories available (and believe me – it doesn’t stop here):
- Arts & Photography
- Biographies & Memoirs
- Business & Money
- Children’s Books
- Christian Books & Bibles
- Comics & Graphic Novels
- Computers & Technology
- Cookbooks, Food & Wine
- Crafts, Hobbies & Home
- Education & Teaching
- Engineering & Transportation
- Health, Fitness & Dieting
- Humor & Entertainment
- Literature & Fiction
- Medical Books
- Mystery, Thriller & Suspense
- Parenting & Relationships
- Politics & Social Sciences
- Religion & Spirituality
- Science & Math
- Science Fiction & Fantasy
- Sports & Outdoors
- Teen & Young Adult
- Test Preparation
- The ranking of the best books that sell by category with romance being at the top.Fiction seems to be on everyone mind I suppose for the thrill or excitement comes in a close second.
From the time our kids are able to hear us read (basically from within the womb) they should be hearing us. Then even more so when they are in this World. The gifts of READING are proven to be fundamentally beneficial in all areas of life.Myself I did not enjoy English and grammar in high school. This has caused a lot of misspelled words.
Reading increases our own abilities to write and share, and communicate.Reading will also help with the proper language and grammar to help better your communication. Not reading as much as I should have has caused me to struggle in some areas of my life. I found some great information on why Reading is Important, and I’ll include that here.
Why Is Reading Important?
From time to time people have wondered why reading is important. There seem so many other things to do with one’s time… We will look at some of those fundamental reasons below, but it is important to realize that struggling with vital reading skills is not a sign a low intelligence. For example, John Corcoran, who wrote The Teacher Who Couldn’t Read, is a very intelligent man. He graduated from High School and College, became a popular High School teacher and later a successful businessman all without being able to read. Many highly intelligent people have struggled with reading although, when properly taught, most people can learn to read easily and quickly.The more you read the more you learn more you want to read.Reading some of the great books the world if you do not under stand what you are reading you do not learn.
Now, if a man like John Corcoran can succeed without reading, why is reading important? A person should really read Mr. Corcoran’s story to get the feeling of shame, loneliness, and fear that he experienced before he learned to read. He was able to succeed in spite of this major handicap because he was a man of intelligence, ability, and determination. But, make no mistake, it was a handicap that made life harder and less enjoyable.
Why Is Reading Important?
1. Reading is fundamental to function in today’s society. There are many adults who cannot read well enough to understand the instructions on a medicine bottle. That is a scary thought -, especially for their children. Filling out applications becomes impossible without help. Reading road or warning signs is difficult. Even following a map becomes a chore. Day-to-day activities that many people take for granted become a source of frustration, anger, and fear.
2. Reading is a vital skill in finding a good job. Many well-paying jobs require reading as a part of job performance. There are reports and memos which must be read and responded to. Poor reading skills increase the amount of time it takes to absorb and react in the workplace. A person is limited in what they can accomplish without good reading and comprehension skills.
3. Reading is important because it develops the mind. The mind is a muscle. It needs exercise. Understanding the written word is one way the mind grows in its ability. Teaching young children to read helps them develop their language skills. It also helps them learn to listen. Everybody wants to talk, but few can really listen. Lack of listening skills can result in major misunderstandings which can lead to job loss, marriage breakup, and other disasters – small and great. Reading helps children [and adults] focus on what someone else is communicating.
4. Why is reading important? It is how we discover new things.The Internet is a great learning tool which requires the ability to read and understand what is read. A person who knows how to read can educate themselves in any area of life they are interested in. We live in an age where we overflow with information, but reading is the main way to take advantage of it.
Reading The Great Books Develops The Imagination
5. Reading develops the imagination. TV and computer games have their place, but they are more like amusement. Amusement comes from two words “a” [non] and “muse” [think]. Amusement is non-thinking activities. With reading, a person can go anywhere in the world…or even out of it! They can be a king, or an adventurer, or a princess, or… The possibilities are endless. Non-readers never experience these joys to the same extent.They also miss out on the best books to ever hit the self.
6. In line with the above, reading develops the creative side of people. When reading to children, stop every once in awhile and ask them what they think is going to happen next. Get them thinking about the story. When it is finished, ask if they could think of a better ending or anything that would have improved it. If they really liked the story, encourage them to illustrate it with their own drawings or to make up a different story with the same characters. Get the creative juices flowing!They may come up with the best book ending anyone could believe.
Reading Is Fundamental
7. Reading is fundamental in developing a good self-image. Nonreaders or poor readers often have low opinions of themselves and their abilities. Many times they feel as if the world is against them. They feel isolated [everybody else can read – which isn’t true] and behavior problems can surface. They can perform poorly in other subjects because they cannot read and understand the material and so tend to “give up.”You can read the best books in the world but if you do not under stand what you are reading you do not learn.In this day and time reading is a part of everyone in the class room or in the corporate world. Read and under stand emails is a must to make it in this world.
8. Why is reading important? Let’s keep going… Good reading skills, especially in a phonics reading program, improve spelling. As students learn to sound out letters and words, spelling comes easier. Also, reading helps to expand the vocabulary. Reading new words puts them in their mind for later use. Seeing how words are used in different contexts can give a better understanding of the word usage and definitions than the cold facts of a dictionary.
9. There is an old saying, “The pen is mightier than the sword.” Ideas written down have changed the destiny of men and nations for better or worse. The flow of ideas cannot be stopped. We need to read and research to build on the good ideas and expose the bad ideas before they bring destruction. Only by reading can we be armed in this never-ending, life-and-death struggle.
Reading Is Important
Finally, why is reading important? Reading is important because of words – spoken and written – are the building blocks of life. You are, right now, the result of words that you have heard or read AND believed about yourself. What you become in the future will depend on the words you believe about yourself now. People, families, relationships, and even nations are built from words. Think about it.
According to Jonathan Kozol in “Illiterate America,” quoted in “The Teacher Who Couldn’t Read,'” the three main reasons people give for wanting to read are:
I think everyone can conclude that reading is a vital skill!
By Glenn Davis,
Thank you, Glenn – and I totally agree.
If you like a topic, you will find your self-reading on that subject more than any thing else.Great books on that topic will allow you to get the plots.If you love it on the big screen, you’ll more than love and get more into it when you read the great books about that movie.
When you travel, drive or fly you should Read, but at times AUDIO BOOKS are a great addition to your personal growth. The thing I can see is that the Audio books do not let the reader see the words so in younger readers they need the visual content of the book.This will help them with their spelling and correct spelling, in my opinion, is as important as reading itself. Being read too is a great way to soak in a story, to learn history, to gain knowledge. And it’s all available on our site (that we continually update).
(AND AT THE BEST PRICE)
The more you read the smarter you get